In today’s world, making a sound decision without relevant data does not only look strange but is also widely becoming unacceptable. Data is helpful in understanding what’s working and what needs to be revised or removed altogether. When it comes to learning management systems, data has been equally useful, especially the data that comes in the form of learner insights.
The significance of data is understood by Edly, proof of which is the highly efficient learner insights section on Edly Panel as a part of Edly’s Learning Management System. Want to know how many learners you have and how are they doing in a certain course? Head over to Edly Panel now and get accurate insights!
Not sure where to start? This post is for you. Let us give you a step-by-step walkthrough of Edly Panel for learner analytics and insights.
Using Edly Panel for Learner Insights
As the first step, you need to log in to your Edly Panel account. Once there, you will see an options menu on the left side. Head over to Edly Insights on the left menu and click on the dropdown. You will see the following options:
Your insights will be divided into these three categories. Let’s see what we can find by discussing them one by one.
As the name suggests, you will be able to get highlights of learner and course data in this section. From the total number of platform users to actual active users to total courses (and much more), you will find credible insights here with ease. Hover over the information icon to see the description of each of the items listed in the summary section.
- Total Learners: Total number of registered platform users
- Monthly Active Users (MAUs): Total number of unique users who signed in on your eLearning site in the current month. This includes users who created an account for the first time and users who accessed your site this month but created their accounts in a prior month.
- Monthly Course Completions: The total number of times all the courses have been completed by the learners in the current calendar month.
- Total Courses: The total number of published courses on the platform.
- Active Courses: The total number of courses that are currently running.
- Staff Users: The total number of staff users registered on your platform.
- Top Courses by Enrollments: This shows courses ranked by their total number of enrollments.
- Top Courses by Completion: This shows courses ranked by the number of completions.
Pro Tip: You can export these stats in CSV or PDF formats to analyze offline or share with your team.
Having viewed the summary insights, it is now time to take a deep dive into learner analytics. In addition to the learner data you saw in the Summary section, you will find the following information in the detailed Learner Analytics section.
- New Learner Registrations (Current Month): This shows the number of learners who registered on the platform during the current calendar month.
- New Learner Registrations (Last Month): This shows the number of learners who registered during the last calendar month.
- Monthly Active Learners (Current Month): This shows the number of learners who are active in the current calendar month.
- Monthly Active Learners (Last Month): This shows the number of learners who were active in the last calendar month.
- Active Learners Today: This shows the total number of learners who registered on the platform over time.
- Monthly Active Learners: This shows the number of monthly active learners over time.
- Course Completions: This graph shows completion across all courses over time.
- Learner Overview: This section shows the basic information about learners with a link leading to the Learner Detail page. The user can filter learners by searching against the user’s name and email in the search bar at the top of this section.
Learner Detail Page
Clicking on any learner’s name in the Learner Overview table will take you to a detailed insights page on that learner where you will be able to see information such as the username, email, gender, country, number of enrolled courses, etc. This information can help you understand the demographics of your learners and deliver more personalized course content in the future. This information can be downloaded as well.
In this section, you will be able to see information about all the courses available on your platform. With the help of the search bar, you can filter through the courses by using the course title and get relevant course information such as the total number of course enrollments, active users, and course completions.
Course Detail Page
You will find detailed analytics about courses in this section. Listed below are all the information points you will be able to get here.
- Total Enrollments: This shows the total number of learners who have enrolled in the course since launch.
- Total Completions: This shows the total number of times the course has been completed.
- Completion Rate: This shows the percentage of enrolled learners who completed the course.
- Active Learners: This shows the number of learners in the course who are active in the current month.
- Average Course Progress: This shows the average progress of all learners enrolled in the course.
- Average Days to Complete: This shows the average days it took for the learner to complete the course.
- Enrollments Over Time: This shows the number of course enrollments over time, for the last six months.
- Completions Over Time: This shows the number of course completions over time, for the last six months.
- Learner Overview: This section shows course learners’ basic information with a link leading to the Learner Detail page. The user can filter learners by searching against the user’s name and email.
And that’s it!
You are now an Edly insights champion! With the help of the data you will get, we are confident that you will be able to make sound, learner-centered decisions that will unlock doors of success and growth for your eLearning platform.